Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pirate Attack – May 22, 2010

DSC_0665

I hadn’t done much in way of Birthdays, so I figured for Gary’s sixth we should do something a little extra.  He chose the pirate theme, and somehow things just fell into place.  I found plates and napkins, and a treasure chest, and hats and patches.  It was lots of fun hunting all these items down.   DSC_0692

On Gary’s special day, we opened some presents (new clothes to get dressed)  then headed out to a special breakfast.  Then it was time to get ready for the party.  Gary and Bram played while Larry and I got busy.  Larry filled up 200 blue water balloons for canon balls.  We also hung the Jolley Roger (flag) and a sail for the ship. Our backyard deck made a great Poop Deck!

 DSC_0630

DSC_0657

The cake came next.  Luckily we had received some Lego Pirate booty and this made the cake a cinch.  

DSC_0655

There was a treasure map which sent the kids all over the front and back yard, as well as through the doggy door, I mean Seamans Cave!  There was Lightning Sand, Grave’s End, Hangman’s tree, Mermaid Lagoon, and the Fire Swamp!

DSC_0690

DSC_0661

The kids all had a blast throwing water ballons off the deck at the adults, I have to admit, the adults had lots of fun too!

DSC_0720 DSC_0719 DSC_0717

Then it was time for cake and ice cream and gifts!  It was so much fun seeing Gary with all his friends around him and how happy he was.  All the effort was definitely worth it!  Once the party was over we took the boys to the water park (Wild River Country.)  It was 6 at night, but it was such a warm day we swam until 8.  We came home and tucked our sweet little big boy into bed.  Couldn’t believe it had been six years since that sweet boy came into my life. 

Aren't I sexy

1 comment:

  1. Holly...awesome - what a fun birthday...I'm so boring. I just pay all kinds of money to have someone else give them a place to jump around...way to be a super-star MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete